Where are we going in 2017-18?
Check back for more details but here is the "teaser"!
Oct. 13, 2017
Coit Tower Museum and lunch in North Beach
Nov. 10, 2017
de Young Museum for the Teotihuacan: City of Water, City of Fire exhibit and lunch at the museum.
Dec. 8, 2017
Filoli House and Gardens special holiday tour!
Jan 12, 2018
Legion of Honor for the exhibit Klimt & Rodin: An Artistic Encounter with lunch at the museum.
Feb 9, 2018
Fort Mason for the Textile and Tribal Arts Show, a special tour with three exhibitors and lunch at Greens.
March 9, 2018
The Quilt Museum in San Jose.
April 13, 2017
San Francisco Museum of Modern Art for a docent tour of the permanent Photography Collection with lunch at the museum.
Museum Friday adventures! NEW 2017-2018 Schedule!
Once a month on the 2nd Friday, we take a private bus to a special exhibit. Your Museum Fridays organizers (Ginny Bechtold, Judy Frost and Jean Pressey) have planned trips and in some cases, a special lunch!
The facts .....
- Museum Fridays are almost always the 2nd Friday of each month, October through April.
- We hire a bus – no one has to drive, park or “ready” your vehicle for carpooling.
- Each excursion will depart from the Cal Ave train station, easy parking or walking. Most trips leave at 9am sharp and return at 3pm. Occasionally, this time changes depending on museum hours. You will get the correct time in an email before the trip.
- Whenever possible, a lunch reservation will be made for our group either at the museum or a nearby restaurant. Cost of lunches in restaurants will vary.
- Museums and venues will have an admissions charge. If you are a member, bring your card! Many museums will also let you take a guest in for free.
If this interest group is for you, please email Jean Pressey to be added to our list.
HOW CAN I GET A SEAT ON THE BUS?
- Bus fare must be paid 1 month in advance of the Museum Friday date. This is a requirement of the bus company to book the vehicle. We cannot refund cancellation less than 30 days from the trip.
- Make checks payable to Judy Frost, NOT to The Woman’s Club.. This is not a “money-maker”. Judy will be charging the bus on her personal credit card. We are reimbursing Judy, not the Woman’s Club.
- Mail or drop checks off at Judy's house
- Include a note with your check specifying which Museum Friday dates you are signing up to attend.